AGING DRIVERS AHEAD : DESIGN WITH CARE
This article focuses on the interaction between Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) and elderly drivers. It examines crash statistics, mobility patterns, and human factors research related to ITS in-vehicle technologies.The author contends that whether senior citizens buy and benefit from ITS technologies will depend on how well the devices address their safety and mobility needs , and if they are designed according to human factors principles.
- Publication Date: May 1998
Nonlinear Dynamics Inc.,
Washington, DC United States 20590
Wethersfield, CT United States 06109
- Perel, Michael
- Publication Date: 1998
- Pagination: p. 29-32
- ITS world. Vol. 3, no. 4
- Publisher: Nonlinear Dynamics Inc.
- Accession Number: 00776396
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: UC Berkeley Transportation Library
- Files: PATH, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Nov 17 1999 12:00AM