USER DOCUMENTATION FOR THE METROPOLITAN ACCESSIBILITY PROGRAM (MAP)
The Metropolitan Accessibility Program (MAP) is a computerized tool that facilitates analyses of transportation access to employment, commercial activities, hospitals, and other desired destination opportunities. This program is capable of producing output records that are interpreted by a special plotting program, MAPLOT. MAPLOT is capable of producing graphic displays of spatial variations in accessibility levels throughout an urban area, sector, or corridor. The MAP program and all subsequent modifications, including the plotting features, is housed within the U.T.P.S. Program, UMODEL. In this report the computer program, MAP, is presented through various User's materials including program documentation and five illustrative case study applications. The five case studies have been developed to aid the programmer in applying MAP and MAPLOT. This report is designed specifically as a User's guide to MAP and should be read in conjunction with the companion report which explains and illustrates the theory and methodology of transportation accessibility studies: 'Accessibility Applications in Urban Transportation,' by Popper and Connelly (UMTA-VA-11-0002-77-2). The MAP Program is used to facilitate transportation accessibility analyses, and to produce graphic maps of the spatial distribution of accessibility to jobs, shopping activities, and other destination opportunities. The program is suggested for use in planning and evaluation studies.
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, BlacksburgDepartment of Agronomy
Blacksburg, VA United States 24061
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Connelly, M D
- Popper, R J
- Publication Date: 1977-1
- Pagination: 113 p.
- TRT Terms: City planning; Computer graphics; Computer programming; Computer programs; Maps; Programming manuals; Supply; Traffic distribution; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Availability
- Old TRIS Terms: Plotting
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00159356
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-VA-11-0002-77-1Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 20 1981 12:00AM