MASS TRANSIT DEVELOPMENT FOR SMALL URBAN AREAS: A CASE STUDY, TOMPKINS COUNTY, NEW YORK. REPORT ON SECOND YEAR
The report presents the results of the second-year effort within a three-year research project to develop a transportation planning methodology for small urban areas concerned with the provision of public transportation service. This phase of the research concentrates on problems of access to health services, transportation service for the disadvantaged, potential coordination and integration of existing transportation systems, alternative systems designs and their evaluation, and suitable marketing and monitoring programs for public transportation service in small urban areas. This effort, will culminate in the preparation of a transit planning manual suitable for use by the transportation planner in small to medium-size urban areas.
- See also Report on first year effort dated Oct 74, PB-242 989.
Cornell UniversityCollege of Engineering
Ithaca, NY USA 14850
Department of TransportationOffice of University Research, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Meyburg, A H
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Pagination: 342 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; City planning; Emergency vehicles; Health; Local government; Marketing; Methodology; Physically handicapped persons; Project management; Public transit; Small cities; Transportation disadvantaged persons; Transportation planning; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Disadvantaged persons
- Geographic Terms: New York (State)
- Old TRIS Terms: Public service vehicles
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00159353
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/TST-77/29 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-40003
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 20 1982 12:00AM