MODELS OF RAILROAD PASSENGER-CAR REQUIREMENTS IN THE NORTHEAST CORRIDOR. VOLUME II: USER'S GUIDE
Models and techniques for determining passenger-car requirements in railroad service were developed and applied by a research project of which this is the final report. The report is published in two volumes. The solution and analysis of the Northeast Corridor models required the creation of a number of computer programs of several kinds. These programs are available for the use of others and are described in Volume II.
- See also Volume 1, PB-268 869.
National Bureau of Economic Research, IncorporatedComputer Research Center for Economics & Management Science
Cambridge, MA United States
Washington, DC United States 20590
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- Fourer, R
- Publication Date: 1976-9
- Pagination: 61 p.
- TRT Terms: Car utilization (Railroads); Computer programming; Computer programs; Cost allocation; Demand; Fleet management; Level of service; Linear programming; Mathematical models; Optimization; Passenger cars; Passenger service; Passenger transportation; Planning; Railroad cars; Railroad transportation; Railroads; Scheduling; Transportation operations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Services; Transportation management
- Geographic Terms: Northeast Corridor; Northeastern United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Allocations; Fleet planning; Intercity passenger services
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00159342
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/NECPO-76/22 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1179-2
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 20 1977 12:00AM