GUIDE FOR INTERPRETATION OF NON-DESTRUCTIVE TESTS OF WELDS IN SHIP HULL STRUCTURES
A survey was made of various Codes and Standards applicable to the interpretation of radiographs of welds and the Guide has been developed for application to welds in ship hull structures of the general cargo, tanker and passenger class as differentiated from naval ships. The Guide exhibits typical X-ray and other non-destructive test results of several classes of defects with suitable text to delineate the maximum size and/or distribution that would be recommended as acceptable for ship hulls.
- Prepared by the Weld Flaw Evaluation Committee, NAS/NRC.
Ship Structure CommitteeNational Academy of Science, 2101 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20418
Bureau of ShipsWashington, DC USA
- Publication Date: 1966-9
- Features: Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Defects; Inspection; Nondestructive tests; Radiography; Ships; Tests; Welds; X rays
- Identifier Terms: Ship Structure Committee
- Uncontrolled Terms: Weld defects
- Old TRIS Terms: Shipweld inspection; X-ray tests
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00007508
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SSC-177
- Contract Numbers: NObs-90310
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 30 1973 12:00AM