LATHERITE AND LATERITIC SOILS AND OTHER PROBLEM SOILS OF THE TROPICS. VOLUME II. INSTRUCTION MANUAL
The report documents five years of worldwide research resulting in the following useful information for engineers: (1) Comprehensive descriptions of tropical soils, chemical mineralogical and physical properties and engineering behaviors, and appropriate classifications; (2) A new pavement design procedure developed for tropical applications; (3) A practical range of strength values attainable through stabilization; (4) Specifications for common tropical materials; (5) Methods of working and using problem soils such as black clay and volcanic soils.
- See also Volume 1, PB-267 262.
Lyon Associates Inc.,
U.S. Agency for International DevelopmentRonald Reagan Building
Washington, DC USA 20523-1000
- Morin, W J
- Todor, P C
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 96 p.
- TRT Terms: Chemical properties; Classification; Clay; Clay soils; Design; Field tests; Flexible pavements; Laboratory tests; Laterites; Lateritic soils; Manuals; Mineralogy; Pavement design; Physical properties; Properties of materials; Roads; Soil mechanics; Soil stabilization; Soils; Specifications; Strength of materials; Subgrade (Pavements); Tropics; Volcanic ash; Volcanic eruptions; Weathering
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Soil properties
- Old TRIS Terms: Black clay; Volcanic clay
- Subject Areas: Design; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00159275
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: AID/csd-3682-Vol-2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1977 12:00AM