LATERITE AND LATERITIC SOILS AND OTHER PROBLEM SOILS OF THE TROPICS. VOLUME I
The report documents five years of worldwide research resulting in the following useful information for engineers: (1) Comprehensive descriptions of tropical soils, chemical mineralogical and physical properties and engineering behaviors, and appropriate classifications; (2) A new pavement design procedure developed for tropical applications; (3) A practical range of strength values attainable through stabilization; (4) Specifications for common tropical materials; (5) Methods of working and using problem soils such as black clay and volcanic soils.
- See also Volume 2, PB-267 263.
Lyon Associates Inc.,
U.S. Agency for International DevelopmentRonald Reagan Building
Washington, DC USA 20523-1000
- Morin, W J
- Todor, P C
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 376 p.
- TRT Terms: Chemical properties; Classification; Clay; Clay soils; Design; Flexible pavements; Geography; Geology; Gravel; Laterites; Lateritic soils; Mineralogy; Pavement design; Photointerpretation; Physical properties; Properties of materials; Roads; Soil mechanics; Soil stabilization; Soil tests; Soil types; Specifications; Standards; Strength of materials; Tropics; Volcanic ash; Volcanic eruptions; Weathering
- Uncontrolled Terms: Soil classification
- Old TRIS Terms: Black clay; Volcanic clay
- Subject Areas: Design; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00159274
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: AID/csd-3682-Vol-1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1977 12:00AM