ROAD ROUGHNESS METER
This invention detects, indicates and records road surface deviations in the normally-traveled vehicle tracks. Surface deviations detectable range from less than one inch in height to the largest height negotiable by the vehicle carrying the instrument. Final measurements are indicated from a mean surface, and with proper calibration numerical values may be established to give a meaningful quantitative description of the roughness of a given section of road.
- This Government-owned invention available for U.S. licensing and, possibly, for foreign licensing. Copy of patent available Commissioner of Patents, Washington, D.C. 20231 $0.50.
Department of Agriculture1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC USA 20250
- PHILLIPS, R A
- Thorner, B C
- Publication Date: 1975-8-14
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Detection and identification; Detectors; Measurement; Measuring instruments; Patents; Pavements; Railroad tracks; Recording; Roads; Roughness; Wheels
- Old TRIS Terms: Highway pavement
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pavements; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00159244
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PAT-APPL-604858 Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1978 12:00AM