AVIATION FORECASTS FY 1977 - 1988, SUMMARY AND BRIEFING CONFERENCE
The second annual Federal Aviation Administration Forecast Conference was held on December 2, 1976, at Reston, Virginia. This report of the proceedings includes all the formal presentations and some representative questions and answers. This Conference, like the previous one, was held for the primary purpose of (1) reemphasizing the importance of accurate data and aviation activity forecasts for Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) planning and budgetary purposes, and (2) stimulating the interchange of ideas between FAA and the aviation community. Some of the topics discussed included: growth anticipation in the general aviation and air taxi industries, aircraft financing difficulties of the airlines, long-term aviation developments. Highlights of the aviation Forecasts for Fiscal Years 1977-1988, forecasting techniques and industry analyses of completed research were also discussed. This publication includes Conference papers as well as questions and answers raised during the discussion period. (Author)
- Report on the annual Federal Aviation Administration Forecast Conference (2nd), 2 Dec 76, Reston, Va.
Washington, DC United States 20591
- Publication Date: 1976-12-2
- Pagination: 285 p.
- TRT Terms: Air taxi service; Air traffic; Airports; Budgeting; Civil aviation; Conferences; Econometrics; Economic analysis; Financing; Forecasting; General aviation; Planning
- Identifier Terms: U.S. Federal Aviation Administration
- Old TRIS Terms: Air traffic forecasts
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Economics; Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00159125
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-AVP-77-16
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 31 1978 12:00AM