A NON-AVIATION SHIP MOTION DATA BASE FOR THE DD 963, CG 26, FF 1052 FFG 7 AND AND FF 1040 SHIP CLASSES
A generalized ship motion data base applicable to set of five non-aviation ships, i.e., the DD 963, CG 26, FF 1052, FFG 7, and FF1040 was developed. This Non-Aviation Ship Motion data base is stored on the David W. Taylor Naval Ship R and D Center CDC 6700 computer disk packs. The data base consists of an extensive frequency domain data base, a time domain data base selected from the frequency domain results, as well as the computer program to access and manipulate the data as required by specialized ship motion needs of various NAVAIR programs. (Author)
- Includes RMS and RAO tables attached.
David Taylor Naval Ship R&D CenterShip Performance Department
Bethesda, MD United States 20084
- Baitis, A E
- Meyers, W G
- Applebee, T R
- Publication Date: 1976-12
- Pagination: 942 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Cruisers; Databases; Destroyers; Forecasting; Frigates; Guided missiles; Information processing; Military vessels; Ocean waves; Performance; Rolling; Ship motion; Simulation; Tables (Data)
- Old TRIS Terms: Performance engineering; Roll; Roll simulation
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00159059
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: SPD-738-01 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1977 12:00AM