DESIGN AND MAINTENANCE OF HIGH-SPEED PERMANENT WAY IN THE U.S.S.R.
The track on high-speed lines is subject to special criteria. A high level of design including the use of long welded rail sections, temperature-stressed concrete sleepers is required. Maintenance requirements are severe. Of vital importance is the control of track in the horizontal plane. The wear of rails and the permissible magnitude of corrugations, etc., are strictly limited. Great attention in the U.S.S.R. is paid to the increasing of speeds of trains since a comparatively small increase in maintenance gives a considerable economy in railway stock, reduces the cost of freight and passenger services, increases railway capacity. Experience, maintenance, design and labour problems are discussed.
International Railway Congress Association17-21 rue de Louvrain
1000 Brussels, Belgium
- Publication Date: 1968-8
- Pagination: p. 837-853
- TRT Terms: High speed rail; Inspection; Inspection cars; Maintenance of way; Rail (Railroads); Railroad tracks; Railroad trains; Structural design; Technology; Wear
- Uncontrolled Terms: Crossfall; Track design
- Geographic Terms: Russia (Federation)
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00033441
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 28 1976 12:00AM