VEHICLE DETECTION - PHASE III. PASSIVE BUS DETECTOR/INTERSECTION PRIORITY SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT. VOLUME I. PROJECT OVERVIEW AND TECHNICAL DISCUSSION
The Passive Bus Detector/Intersection Priority System was developed under this project. The system functions as a fully independent traffic controller with completely passive bus detection capability using inductive-loop detectors (ILD) placed in the roadway. Bus detection is based on ILD signal processing (classifier) techniques, thereby eliminating need for any modifications or additions to the bus. Passive bus detection hardware includes special ILD electronics, a high-speed programmable processor, and a microprocessor. Using the same microprocessor, plus programming panel, stored programs, and switching and safety units, the system design is sufficient to exercise bus priority control at urban intersections containing up to 23 signal circuits and 16 ILD transducers. In addition, the system has capability of commanding the traffic signals in either one of three fixed timing patterns, selected at the system by the traffic engineer or controlled by a loop master.
- Paper copy also available in set of 4 reports PC E16, PB-268 878-SET.
Honeywell, IncorporatedSystems and Research Center, 2600 NE Ridgeway Parkway
Minneapolis, MN United States 55413
Washington, DC United States 20590
- ANDERSON, P
- Larson, R
- Lubke, R
- Putnam, G
- Wick, D
- Publication Date: 1975-12
- Pagination: 212 p.
- TRT Terms: Adaptive control; Automatic control; Buses; Computer programs; Control devices; Electronics; Highway traffic control; Intersections; Magnetic detectors; Microcomputers; Microprocessors; Signal processing; Switching; Traffic control; Traffic signals; Transducers; Urban transportation; Vehicle detectors
- Identifier Terms: FORTRAN (Computer program language)
- Old TRIS Terms: Magnetic detection; Passive detection
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00159026
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-76- 66 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8149
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 15 1981 12:00AM