MOTOR VEHICLE BRAKE FLUID: WATER TOLERANCE AND VISCOSITY. VOLUME I. SUMMARY REPORT
The objectives of this program were: (1) To determine the in-service water pickup of conventional and low water tolerant brake fluids when used in conventional brake systems, and (2) To determine the effects of these fluids and the water pickup on brake system components and on the performance of the system.
Automotive Research Associates Incorporated5404-08 Bandera Road
San Antonio, TX United States 78238
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Brown, J G
- Publication Date: 1977-5
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Brake fluids; Brakes; Dynamic braking; Hydraulic fluids; Moisture content; Motor vehicles; Road tests; Viscosity; Water
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00159013
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-802-396 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-4-00912
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 15 1978 12:00AM