SAFE DRIVING KNOWLEDGE DISSEMINATION AND TESTING TECHNIQUES. VOLUME I. GENERAL FINDINGS
In order to determine the effectiveness of improved information dissemination and assessment techniques in reducing highway accidents, a set of seven targeted driver license manuals and tests was developed for the following groups of drivers: New drivers, Youthful drivers, Renewal applicants, Older drivers, Traffic violators, Accident repeaters, and Drinking drivers. The contents of the manuals and tests were based upon an analysis of critical information requirements for each target group and an assessment of existing information deficiencies of drivers relative to these requirements. The manuals and tests were administered to a sample of 30,000 drivers, primarily from the state of Virginia, in order to determine their effectiveness in leading to acquisition, retention, and application of safe driving information.
- Prepared in cooperation with Central Missouri State Univ., Warrensburg. Also available in set of 3 reports PC E08, PB-267 725-SET.
National Public Services Research Institute421 King Street
Alexandria, VA United States 22314
Central Missouri State University, WarrensburgP.O. Box 800
Warrensburg, MO United States 64093
Washington, DC United States 20590
- McKnight, A J
- Green, M A
- Publication Date: 1977-5
- Pagination: 62 p.
- TRT Terms: Adolescents; Aged; Aged drivers; Alcoholism; Crashes; Data collection; Drainage; Driver licenses; Drivers; Information management; Information systems; Information, data, and knowledge; Licenses; Manuals; Prevention; Recidivism; Safety; Teenage drivers; Testing; Tests; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety; Traffic violators
- Uncontrolled Terms: Driver license renewal; Motor vehicle accidents
- Geographic Terms: Virginia
- Old TRIS Terms: Drainage rate; Retention psychology
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00158986
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt., HS-802 362
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-4-00817
- Files: HSL, NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 15 1978 12:00AM