PREPARATION OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS: HIGHWAY SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM PLAN AND PROBLEM IDENTIFICATION
The primary purpose of the project was to develop training programs designed to assist highway safety professionals in implementing the planning approaches set forth in the Highway Safety Program Manual, Volume 102: Highway Safety Plan, December 1976, Draft. Two separate courses were developed to achieve this purpose. They were: (1) Highway Safety Plan Course--A course for those individuals responsible for overall planning of the States highway safety program; and (2) Problem Identification Course--A course for data analysts responsible for providing support services for highway safety planning. The courses included administrative, instructor and student materials as well as instructional aids. Each course was designed for administration during a two-and-one-half day period. A secondary purpose of the project was to plan and administer an instructor preparation program. Achievement of this purpose resulted in the training of 31 instructors from NHTSA and FHWA Headquarters and regional staffs, and 21 instructors from State highway safety agencies. Those individuals trained during the instructor preparation program were charged with the responsibility to conduct courses at the State and regional levels.
National Public Services Research Institute421 King Street
Alexandria, VA USA 22314
Washington, DC USA 20590
- McPherson, K
- McKnight, A J
- Knipper, A
- Publication Date: 1977-5
- Pagination: 114 p.
- TRT Terms: Highway safety; Highways; Instructors; Management; Manuals; Planning; Programming (Planning); Project management; Safety; Specialized training; State highway departments; Traffic safety; Training; Training devices
- Uncontrolled Terms: Instructional materials
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Education and Training; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00158978
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-802-336 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-6-01464
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 15 1978 12:00AM