THE TEXAS QUICK-LOAD METHOD FOR FOUNDATION LOAD TESTING - USER'S MANUAL
The Texas State Department of Highways and Public Transportation has developed and implemented a "quick-load" method for load testing piling and drilled shafts. Using this method a load test can be completed in a relatively short time of one to two hours. On small projects where the time consuming AASHTO test cannot be economically justified, use of this test makes it feasible to use full-scale load tests to verify foundation designs on these jobs. The purpose of the information presented herein is to assist highway engineers in understanding, using, and applying quick-load test methods. Additionally it will provide them with the information necessary to prepare specifications and cost estimates for quick-load testing.
Texas State Department of Highways & Public TranspP.O. Box 5051
Austin, TX USA 78763
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Butler, H D
- Hoy, H E
- Publication Date: 1976-12
- Pagination: 62 p.
- TRT Terms: Costs; Economic factors; Hydraulic equipment; Jacks (Mechanical equipment); Load tests; Loads; Manuals; Mechanical tests; Pile foundations; Shafts (Machinery)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Loading rate; Rapid methods
- Geographic Terms: Texas
- Old TRIS Terms: Jacks lifts
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Geotechnology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00158947
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA/IP-77-8 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8608
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Aug 4 1978 12:00AM