MEETING RESEARCH AND EDUCATION NEEDS IN COASTAL ENGINEERING
The aim of the study was to examine present and anticipated national needs in coastal engineering research and education and assess the adequacy and effectiveness of existing institutions in meeting those needs. The following specific tasks were undertaken: determination of the role of coastal engineering research and education; assessment of the capabilities of coastal engineering research and facilities; evaluation of programs and facilities for educating coastal engineers; and, assessment of the adequacy of the nation's investment on coastal engineering research and education in meeting national needs.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0309063817
National Research Council2101 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20418
- Publication Date: 1999
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 62 p.
- TRT Terms: Coastal engineering; Education and training; Engineering personnel; Marine engineering; Needs assessment; Research and educational facilities
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00778618
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 0309063817
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 8 2001 12:00AM