AN AUTOMATED BENDING SYSTEM FOR THE FABRICATION OF SHIP FRAMES VIA SELF - ADAPTIVE COMPUTER CONTROL
This report includes discussions of: (a) experiments on the bending of model sections; (b) design and construction of a through feed bending fixture; (c) progress to date on computer control; (d) a modified time schedule; (e) financial summary to date; and an appendix 'An analytical method for the development of load displacement curves for the bending of rectangular beams.' The work of the second six months of the program is summarized and the work planned for the completion of the program is outlined.
Case Western Reserve UniversitySchool of Engineering
10900 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH USA 44106
National Science FoundationResearch Applied to National Needs
Washington, DC USA 20550
- Mergler, H W
- Wright, DKJ
- Publication Date: 1973-8
- Pagination: 91 p.
- TRT Terms: Adaptive control; Automatic control; Automation; Beams; Bending; Bending moments; Computer programs; Control devices; Frames; Loads; Metal working; Productivity; Shipbuilding; Shipyards
- Identifier Terms: FORTRAN (Computer program language)
- Old TRIS Terms: Beams (Support); Computer programs (Shipbuilding); Frame bending; Metal bending; Shipyard automation
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00158690
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NSF/RA/T-73/075 Prog. Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: NSF-GI-35994
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1977 12:00AM