GUIDEWAY TRANSPORTATION (A BIBLIOGRAPHY WITH ABSTRACTS)
The bibliography cites research on automated guideway transportation (AGT), in which passengers or freight can be transported along tubes or rails under automatic control. The carriers, termed personal rapid transit vehicles or people movers, can accommodate single individuals or small or large groups. The reports cover many aspects of technology, such as demand actuated service, networks, elevated structures, monorail, light rail, computer aided control, vehicle merging, headway safety, shuttle loops, guideway designs, magnetic levitation, suspended vehicles, and dual mode. Discussions are made of steering control, ride quality, airport services to move people or baggage, gravity assistance in accelerating and braking, test vehicles, and maintenance. Other topics are cost comparisons of AGT with conventional transit, fares, and equipment failure. Air cushion vehicles are excluded.
Alexandria, VA USA 22312
- Adams, G H
- Publication Date: 1977-5
- Pagination: 144 p.
- TRT Terms: Abstracts; Automated guideway transit; Automatic control; Bibliographies; Computer programming; Control devices; Guideways; High speed ground transportation; Highway traffic; Highway traffic control; Intelligent transportation systems; Monorail transportation; Passenger transportation; People movers; Personal rapid transit; Rapid transit; Structural design; Traffic safety; Tubing; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems; Automated guideway systems; Rapid transit railways; Vehicular traffic
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00158594
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Bibliog.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1977 12:00AM