CURRENT AVIATION STATISTICS. AIR TRAFFIC ACTIVITY. TERMINAL AREA RELATIONSHIPS. FISCAL YEAR 1976
The current study of terminal area airport operations encompasses FY 1976 data for 415 airports at which FAA traffic control towers operated the entire twelve months period. These are presented in two primary groups: Air Commerce Airports, and General Aviation Airports. Each tower is requested to report the peak daily traffic count during the previous twelve months for air carrier, itinerant (including air carrier), total aircraft (including local) and instrument operations. Peak counts for the various categories need not occur on the same day. These peak days can be accurately identified from the daily traffic counts recorded on FAA Form 7230-1. Busy hour estimates are obtained from periodic counts 60 minutes in duration. These counts are made during known high activity periods of each traffic category. From this sample, tower personnel select a count which is representative of daily busy hour activity for each category. The tables contain traffic estimates for each airport at which an air traffic control tower operated furing all of FY 1976. Provided with peak day and busy hour are average day and hour operations computed from annual operations. Measures of peaking characteristics are given by the ratios of peak day to average day and busy hour to average hour for individual airports and airport size groups. (Author)
- See also AD-A032 605.
Washington, DC United States 20591
- Thompson, G E
- Publication Date: 1977-3
- Pagination: 59 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic; Air traffic control; Air traffic control facilities; Airport operations; Airport terminals; Civil aviation; Daily; Flight; Freight terminals; Intermodal terminals; Peak hour traffic; Statistics; Tables (Data); Terminal air traffic control; Traffic counts
- Old TRIS Terms: Air traffic control terminal
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00158541
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 31 1978 12:00AM