ECONOMICS OF LIQUEFACTION ABOARD LNG TANKERS
A table for a typical LNG transportation case showing the value of LNG required for 14% and 20% Average Annual Rate of Return (AARR) for various bunker costs is presented. It appears that for liquefaction to be economically attractive, LNG should have a value of 30% to 50% or more above ship bunkers on a Btu basis.
- Conference held May 3-5, 1976 in Las Vegas.
American Gas AssociationOperations Section
Las Vegas, NV USA
- Reed, E E
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 2 p.
- TRT Terms: Economic analysis; Economics; Liquefaction; Liquefied gases; Liquefied natural gas; Loads; Ship operations; Tankers; Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Loading
- Old TRIS Terms: Lng economics; Lng reliquefaction
- Subject Areas: Economics; Operations and Traffic Management; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00158442
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Pap 76-T-4 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1977 12:00AM