PROCEEDINGS OF THE INTERNATIONAL NAVIGATIONAL CONGRESS, 1976
Forty-four papers by various authors are presented. The topics discussed were all aspects of navigation including: historical reviews of the art of navigation and instruments; radio, astronomical and inertial navigation; nautical cartography; acoustic underwater navigation; the use of satellites; Loran-C; Doppler radar errors; avionics; wheelhouse design; marine traffic engineering; and collision avoidance maneuvers.
- Proceedings of the Institute of Navigation Congress, Boston Museum of Science, Cambridge, Massachusetts, August 3-6 1976.
Institute of Navigation815 14th Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20005
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 308 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft pilotage; Crash avoidance systems; Decks (Ships); Inertial navigation systems; Loran C; Mapping; Naval architecture; Navigation; Navigation systems; Navigational satellites; Radio navigation; Satellite navigation systems; Ships; Vessel traffic control
- Old TRIS Terms: Maps and mapping; Wheelhouse design
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00158440
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1977 12:00AM