ON FACTORS OF NOISE EMITTED BY A SMALL VEHICLE AND NOISE LEVEL SIMULATION OF PASS-BY TEST
To achieve a reduction in the exterior noise of a small vehicle at an early stage of design, we made an attempt to estimate the pass-by noise of the vehicle (ISO R-362 test standards) from measurements of the noise of the engine and exhaust system units. Accordingly, the factors producing exterior vehicle noise, viz., operating conditions, noise source and noise propagation were considered, and it was found that the frequency spectrum of the noise source should be taken into account to more precisely estimate noise level and noise spectrum.
- Preprint for meeting held February 28-March 4, 1977.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Masuko, K
- Abe, T
- Publication Date: 1977-3
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Compact automobiles; Emission control systems; Engines; Exhaust gases; Noise; Noise control; Traffic noise; Vehicle design; Vehicles
- Old TRIS Terms: Engine noise; Small car
- Subject Areas: Design; Environment; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00158379
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 770011 Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 27 1977 12:00AM