STEADY TURNING OF SINGLE-TRACK VEHICLES
Steady turning of single-track vehicles is examined by reference to dynamical equations applicable when rolling takes place without slip. In formulating these equations, advantage is taken of the fact that one may linearize in the steering angle without restricting the turning radius. This makes it possible to arrive at equations which permit one to obtain both numerical results and general insights rather easily.
- Preprint of Meeting held February 28-March 4, 1977.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Kane, T R
- Publication Date: 1977-3
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Bicycles; Kinematics; Mathematical models; Motorcycles; Numerical analysis; Rolling; Stability (Mechanics); Steering; Turning traffic
- Uncontrolled Terms: Turning movements
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00158362
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 770057 Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 27 1977 12:00AM