KINEMATICAL IMPLICATIONS OF SIDE SLIP FOR SINGLE-TRACK VEHICLES
The fact that single-track vehicles do not necessarily roll without slipping must be taken into account in the analysis of certain motions of such vehicles. This paper deals with kinematical questions arising under these circumstances. Constraint equations are formulated for motions involving side slip unaccompanied by longitudinal slip, expressions for side slip velocities are developed, and comparisons are drawn between the kinematical consequences of assuming rolling without slip and rolling with side slip.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Kane, T R
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Kinematics; Mathematical models; Motorcycles; Stability (Mechanics)
- Old TRIS Terms: Sideslip
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00158322
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 770056 Preprint
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Oct 13 1977 12:00AM