PROCEEDINGS -- FLYWHEEL TECHNOLOGY SYMPOSIUM, 1975
Thirty-six papers were presented at this symposium convened for the first time on flywheel technology. Specific topics include: the design and fabrication of flywheels; novel materials for their construction, such as fiberglass and Kevlar; application of flywheels in vehicles, energy storage systems, and spacecraft; magnetic levitation of flywheels.
- Presented at the Flywheel Technology Symposium, Berkeley, California, November 10-12, 1975. See also RRIS 04 157584 & 158311, Bulletin 7702.
Energy Research and Development AdministrationOak Ridge Operations Office
Oak Ridge, TN USA 37830
- Change, G C
- Stone, R G
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 294 p.
- TRT Terms: Composite materials; Design; Electric trains; Energy; Energy storage systems; Fabrication; Fiberglass; Flywheels; Glass fiber reinforced plastics; Handling and storage; Magnetic levitation; Mechanical properties; Propulsion; Spacecraft; Storage facilities; Vehicles
- Candidate Terms: Electric traction
- Old TRIS Terms: Flywheel propulsion
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Freight Transportation; Highways; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00158311
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: n76-85 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1977 12:00AM