DEVELOPMENT OF DESIGN GUIDELINES FOR SHIPBOARD SEWAGE HOLDING TANKS
This report presents a detailed study of shipboard sewage holding tanks suitable for vessels engaged on the Great Lakes - Lower St. Lawrence river trade rout. A range of designs has been developed to meet the needs of most ship types, crew sizes, trading patterns, stability criteria and sewage collection systems. Construction, operation, maintenance and safety aspects are analyzed with a view to optimizing the economic impact on vessels that choose total retention as a method of satisfying the requirements of Great Lakes Sewage Pollution Prevention Regulations.
- Prepared by German and Milne, Montreal.
Environmental Protection ServiceWater Pollution Control Directorate
Ottawa, ONo, Canada
- Publication Date: 1976-3
- Pagination: 107 p.
- TRT Terms: Sewage holding tanks; Sewage treatment; Ships; Tanks (Containers); Wastewater; Water pollution
- Old TRIS Terms: Holding tanks; Shipboard sewage treatment; Vessel wastes
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00158246
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPS-3-WP-76-3 Tech. Rev.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1977 12:00AM