AIRCRAFT NOISE REDUCTION
This paper describes the acoustical treatment used in the engine nacelles on DC-10 airplanes. The special acoustical features of the cabin sidewall insulation and the airplane's interior panels are also described. Results of incorporating these various noise-control features are given in terms of flyover noise levels during takeoff and landing and in terms of cabin noise levels during cruise.
- Presented at the 51st Audio Eng Society Convention, May 13-16, 1975.
Audio Engineering Society60 East 42nd Street
New York, NY USA 10017
- MARSH, A H
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustics; Aircraft; Aircraft noise; Airport noise; Electric insulating materials; Engines; Environmental impact analysis; Environmental impacts; Insulating materials; Landing; Noise control; Panels; Takeoff; Transport aircraft
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise reduction
- Old TRIS Terms: Engine nacelles; Takeoff and landing
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Environment; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00158221
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: 1029(G-4) Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1977 12:00AM