EFFECTIVENESS ANALYSIS OF SEARCH-TESTING
An analysis of the effectiveness of SEARCH-testing in improving locomotive performance has been reported on. The various basic statistical techniques used in this assessment tend to indicate that the application of SEARCH-testing to locomotives could conceivably result in cost reductions under certain specific conditions. A hypothetical economic analysis does not yield conclusive results as to the desirability of a full-scale application of such a testing program. However, one could expect differing results with more complex locomotives utilized in alternate situations and under alternate conditions. One clear conclusion was the obvious need for the development of a complete locomotive reliability model. Such a model would have numerous uses and benefits.
Canadian Institute of Guided Ground TransportQueen's University
Kingston, Ontario K7L 3N6, Canada
- Rawat, S K
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 61 p.
- TRT Terms: Benefit cost analysis; Diagnostic tests; Diesel engines; Diesel locomotives; Maintenance management; Maintenance practices; Planning; Propulsion; Reliability; Statistical analysis; Vehicle maintenance; Vehicle power plants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Diagnostics; Propulsion systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel engine maintenance; Search system
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Maintenance and Preservation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00158208
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Canadian Institute of Guided Ground Transport
- Report/Paper Numbers: CIGGT-74-2 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: 3.11.72
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1977 12:00AM