ANALYTICAL MODELS FOR GUIDEWAY SURFACE IRREGULARITIES AND TERRAIN SMOOTHING
The report relates to the analytical modeling of guideway irregularities. A design criteria for determining the degree of leveling and filling of the natural terrain in order to achieve a particular PSD specification is formulated and presented. An analytical model for the PSD of short wavelength surface roughness type irregularities is derived and interpreted in terms of familiar roughness measurement techniques. The procedure for relating a PSD design specification to an equivalent California profile index is presented in addition to the procedure for interpreting measuremetns of guideway profile deviations from a straight edge. Examples are presented demonstrating typical applications of the resutls. Numerical simulations incorporating random numbers for formulating typical guideway profiles are used to verify the analytical model. Excellent agreement between the analytical and numerical results are demonstrated.
- Sponsored by DOT, Urban Mass Transportation Administration.
University of Texas, ArlingtonPublic Transportation Center, Room 206E
Arlington, TX USA 76010
- Hullender, D A
- Bartley, T M
- KRISHNA, M B
- Publication Date: 1976-1
- Pagination: 68 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Design; Earthwork; Guideways; Leveling; Mathematical models; Numerical analysis; Texture
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Models
- Old TRIS Terms: Analytical method
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00158146
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-TX-11-0001-76-1
- Contract Numbers: TX-11-0001
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 28 1977 12:00AM