BART MULTI-MODAL TERMINAL PLAN. CITY OF WALNUT CREEK, CALIFORNIA
Purpose of study is to develop specific plans for the mutli-modal transportation facilities at the BART station site in Walnut Creek, California, based on the functional requirements of the various transportation modes connecting with the station. The study was divided into two phases as follows: the first phase consisted of data collection and survey of present usage of the BART site by cars, bicycles, pedestrians, taxis, buses in order to evaluate the efficiency of movement and space allocation on the site. Anticipated changes in existing transportation systems, highway improvement, street realignments and closures, and other changes were evaluated. Literature relating to multi-mode transportation terminals, the use of air rights, and innovative transportation linkages was reviewed. The second phase defined the focus and function of the site, given the options and constraints identified in the first phase. Design alternatives were analyzed and a development plan outlined, with implementation measures and time frames detailed. This report contains a site plan showing the recommended schematic design in functional and spatial terms and the movement systems which are determined to be feasible and desirable, and includes explanatory text and material describing the function, operations and spatial interrelationships of the various modes. It includes an evaluation of the financial feasibility of the plan recommendations and an estimate of the construction and development costs involved, as well as recommendations on the phasing of the plan in graphic and descriptive form.
- Sponsored by Urban Mass Transportation Administration and prepared for City of Walnut Creek, California with Bay Area Rapid Transit District Metropolitan Transportation Commission.
Duncan and Jones9 Franciscan Way
Kensington, CA United States 94707
- Publication Date: 1974-3
- Pagination: 98 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Costs; Design; Feasibility analysis; Impact studies; Intermodal terminals; Links (Networks); Multimodal transportation; Spacing
- Identifier Terms: San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District
- Uncontrolled Terms: Air rights; Construction costs; Linkages
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Finance; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00158140
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: UNTA-CA-09-0025-74-2
- Contract Numbers: CA-09-0025
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 29 1982 12:00AM