CONDITION SURVEY--ASBESTOS-BONDED STEEL CULVERTS IN WESTERN OREGON
A field investigation of 33 highway culvert installations was made in December 1975 and January 1976 to evaluate the service life of corrugated metal culverts on coastal highways, with emphasis on the durability of the asbestos-bonded protective treatment in marine and brackish water. The survey was limited to visual examination and qualitative appraisal of the conditions noted, primarily to document performance to date and to collect data for future study and monitoring. No attempt was made to quantify metal loss. The report includes the individual inspection records and some photos.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Deocampo, S
- Gruber, T
- Wasill, B
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 109 p.
- TRT Terms: Asbestos; Corrugated metal culverts; Culverts; Durability; Service life; Steel; Structural materials
- Old TRIS Terms: Culvert materials
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Highways; Hydraulics and Hydrology;
- Accession Number: 00158134
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-OR-76-1 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: 10-2
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 28 1977 12:00AM