MPRT O & M PHASE OPERATING, AVAILABILITY AND MAINTENANCE HISTORY
This document describes the operating and maintenance characteristics of the Morgantown Personal Rapid Transit (MPRT) during the first year of passenger carrying service starting September 15, 1975. The Morgantown project is an Urban Mass Transportation Administration demonstration to provide personal rapid transit service between the central business district and the separated campuses of West Virginia University. West Virginia University operated the system with support from Boeing. The first year operation of the Morgantown PRT system successfully demonstrated the concept of an automatically controlled transit system. The purpose of this document is to provide a published account of the MPRT operating, availability, and maintenance history. Data was summarized from program reports compiled during this first year of MPRT operation and maintenance. Data included scheduled and actual operating hours; downtime and downtime events; mean downtime; daily passenger gate cout; system availability; trip reliability; system dependability; daily fleet miles; daily fleet size; scheduled versus unscheduled maintenance actions; failures by part number; distribution of failures by time and subsystem; top 25 problem areas; spare parts used by quantity, part number and month; ECP change implementation during the O&M phase; and a summary of the first year's costs. The intent in presenting this MPRT data in this document is that future Automated Transportation Systems studies and designs will learn from the MPRT experience and make use of this data to optimize designs and systems.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/WV060005
- Sponsored by DOT, Urban Mass Transportation Administration.
Boeing CompanySurface Transportation Systems
Seattle, WA USA 98124
- Stone, A L
- Publication Date: 1977-1
- Pagination: 98 p.
- TRT Terms: Automated vehicle control; Downtime; Failure; Fleet management; Maintenance practices; Passenger counting; Personal rapid transit; Reliability; Scheduling; Spare parts; Supply
- Uncontrolled Terms: Availability; Fleets; Operation and maintenance
- Old TRIS Terms: Automated transit system
- Subject Areas: Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00158094
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- ISBN: WV-06-0005
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-WA-06-0005-77-2
- Contract Numbers: WV-06-0005
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 13 1982 12:00AM