PERMANENT DEFORMATION CHARACTERISTICS OF ASPHALT MIXTURES BY REPEATED-LOAD INDIRECT TENSILE TEST
This report reviews the basic concepts of the parmanent deformation structural subsystem, the properties required, and the possible methods required to obtain these properties. Special consideration is given to the permanent deformation parameters given by VESYS IIM. The results of this study suggest that the repeated-load indirect tensile test can be used to obtain the parmanent deformation characteristics or properties required for the structural design and analysis of pavements. It was also found that the permanent deformation behavior obtained using the repeated-load indirect tensile test is similar to that obtained using a triaxial test with an axial tensile stress.
- Sponsored by Texas State Department of Highways and Public Transportation in Cooperation with DOT, Federal Highway Administration.
University of Texas, AustinCenter for Highway Research, 200 West 21st Street
Austin, TX USA 78712
- VALLEJO, J
- Kennedy, T W
- Haas, R
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 84 p.
- TRT Terms: Accelerated tests; Asphalt mixtures; Deformation; Pavement design; Repeated loads; Tension tests
- Uncontrolled Terms: Indirect tensile test
- Subject Areas: Highways; Materials; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00158084
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: CFHR 3-9-72-183-7, FCP 45C2352, FHWA-TX-RR-183-7
- Contract Numbers: Res. Study 3-9-72-18
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 13 1977 12:00AM