SURVEY OF ALTERNATIVES TO THE USE OF CHLORIDES FOR HIGHWAY DEICING
This review was initiated to ascertain the state-of-the-art of highway deicing and to furnish information and suggestions for use in planning and initiating research in this problem area. This concise report summarizes the results of the review. Information concerning the various alternatives to chlorides for highway deicing, chemical and physical, which have been or are being used satisfactorily or unsatisfactorily by State Highway Agencies, contacted Canadian provinces, responsive European countries, and contacted federal agencies and private institutions is contained herein. In addition, throughout the report, pertinent information from cited references as well as personal evaluations, suggestions and recommendations are given.
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Zenewitz, J A
- Publication Date: 1977-5
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Chlorides; Deicing chemicals; Evaluation; Highways; Recommendations; State of the art studies
- Old TRIS Terms: Substitutes
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Materials; Research;
- Accession Number: 00158070
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-77- 52 Final Rpt., FCP 21L9-012
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 13 1977 12:00AM