A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF URBAN TRANSPORTATION REQUIREMENTS, VOLUME I
This report on urban transportation systems covers a study made in 31 urban areas located in 14 countries, including 9 cities in the U.S.A. Information is presented on the development and use of mass transit systems in each of these cities, the costs of providing and operating the systems, the sources of financing required, and the changing patterns of rider usage of transport modes, including the private motor vehicle.
- Sponsored by DOT, Federal Highway Administration. See also Volume 2, PB-267789.
Washington, DC USA 20024
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Turner, F C
- DAVIS, H E
- Publication Date: 1977-2-25
- Pagination: 52 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Automobiles; Economics; Finance; Mode choice; Operating costs; Public transit; Rapid transit; Ridership; Transportation; Transportation planning; Travel patterns; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Comparative analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Financial requirements; User characteristics
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00158057
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-PL-77013 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-7970
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 13 1981 12:00AM