AVAILABILITY OF MINING WASTES AND THEIR POTENTIAL FOR USE AS HIGHWAY MATERIAL. VOLUME III, ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY
This study was performed to determine the availability of mining and metallurgical wastes and to assess their potential for use in various aspects of highway construction. A review was made of domestic and foreign literature pertaining to the production and use of these waste materials. This review covered references on the quantities, locations, characteristics, and utilization efforts associated with various types of mining and metallurgical wastes. Particular emphasis was given to those references which present the findings of research concerned with the engineering properties and the field performance of specific waste materials. A total of 80 of the most pertinent references on the subject of mineral waste utilization are cited in this volume. This is the third of three volumes. Volume I, published as FHWA-RD-76-106, is subtitled "Classification and Technical and Environmental Analysis." Volume III, published as FHWA-RD-76-107, is subtitled "Location of Mining and Metallurgical Wastes and Mining Industry Trends."
- Sponsored by DOT, Federal Highway Administration.
Valley Forge Laboratories, Incorporated6 Berkeley Road
Devon, PA United States 19333
- COLLINS, R J
- Publication Date: 1976-5
- Pagination: 47 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Building materials; Metallurgy; Mining; Road construction; Supply; Wastes
- Uncontrolled Terms: Availability
- Subject Areas: Environment; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00158045
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-76-108 Bibliog., FCP 34C3-012
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8784
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 13 1977 12:00AM