HIGHWAY-VEHICLE--OBJECT SIMULATION MODEL-1976, 4 VOLUMES: USERS MANUAL, PROGRAMMERS MANUAL, ENGINEERING MANUAL-ANALYSIS, AND ENGINEERING MANUAL--VALIDATION
A series of reports have been written to document revised and updated versions of the simulation of highway-vehicle-object interactions in a single vehicle highway environment. The programs documented were developed under FHWA sponsorship to provide the highway safety community with an analytical means of evaluating the effects of highway/roadside environment on safety. This manual is the most general of the manuals describing the simulation. It provides an introduction to the simulation and enough information for a user to submit a run, obtain results, and interpret the HVOSM output. No description of the inertial subroutine structure or the derivation of the equations used is supplied. This manual is one of four volumes (No. ZR-5461-V): HVOSM--1976 Users Manual; HVOSM--1976 Programmers Manual; HVOSM--1976 Engineering Manual-Analysis; HVOSM--1976 Engineering Manual-Validation.
- Sponsored by DOT, Federal Highway Administration. These volumes are also available as a set from NTIS under Accession No. PB-267400.
Calspan Corporation4455 Genesee Street
Buffalo, NY USA 14225
- Segal, D J
- Publication Date: 1976-2
- Pagination: 1422 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Computer programs; Highway safety; Manuals; Simulation; Vehicle dynamics
- Old TRIS Terms: Analytical method
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00158043
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-76-162 Final Rpt., FHWA-RD-76-163, FHWA-RD-76-164
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8265
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 13 1977 12:00AM