THE CAR, YOUR GUIDE, POLICE OFFICER AND PROTECTOR?!
DE AUTO UW GIDS, POLITIE-AGENT EN HOEDER?!
Research in the DRIVE II program that lead to the development of one of the prototypes of experimental vehicles in the 'Detection, Enforcement and Tutoring for Error Reduction' (DETER) project concerns two investigation lines. Firstly, a feasibility study on a 'Driver Impairment Monitor' (DIM) has been carried out to assess the driver state from a limited number of vehicle parameters. The aim is to determine whether the driver is still capable of driving the vehicle adequately. Secondly, a prototype for automatic policing, tutoring and enforcement has been developed. Three years of experimental research and development included studies into behavioural effects, effects on mental load, and acceptance of these systems. (A) For the covering abstract see IRRD E201264.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/9068073095
RIJKSUNIVERSITEIT GRONINGENGROTE KRUISSTRAAT 2/1
GRONINGEN, Netherlands 9712 TS
- Brookhuis, K A
- de Waard, D
- van der Hulst, M
- Publication Date: 1996
- Features: References;
- Pagination: p. 3-9
- GEDRAGSBEINVLOEDING IN VERKEERS- EN VERVOERSBELEID
- Publisher: RIJKSUNIVERSITEIT GRONINGEN
- TRT Terms: Aptitude; Automatic control; Automation; Behavior; Detection and identification; Detectors; Drivers; Driving; Evaluation and assessment; Intelligent transportation systems; Prototypes; Stress (Psychology); Surveillance; Warning systems
- ITRD Terms: 3882: Automatic; 9001: Behaviour; 8531: Case study; 9115: Detection; 1772: Driver; 1855: Driving (veh); 2226: Driving aptitude; 9020: Evaluation (assessment); 9109: Prototype; 2234: Stress (psychol); 9101: Surveillance; 9113: Warning
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00767034
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute for Road Safety Research, SWOV
- ISBN: 90-6807-309-5
- Files: ITRD
- Created Date: Aug 6 1999 12:00AM