IS AN AUTOMATIC TRAFFIC SYSTEM THE FUTURE?
HEEFT AUTOMATISERING VAN HET VERKEER DE TOEKOMST?
This paper is about benefits, problems, user needs and acceptance of electronic driving aids, and ends with a short view into the future. The future of automated vehicle guidance (AVG) has already started, however, limits should be posed to uncontrolled development and marketing of electronic driving aids. Structuring admittance to the market is a case for the authorities, in view of the great interests with respect to societal costs. It is recommended that a Dutch initiative to develop a stepwise test method should be adopted by the European Community. (A) For the covering abstract see IRRD E201256.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/9042300655
SHAKER PUBLISHING BVST. MAARTENSLAAN 26
MAASTRICHT, Netherlands 6221 AX
- Brookhuis, K A
- Publication Date: 1998
- Features: References;
- Pagination: p. 31-8
- VERKEERSVEILIGHEID IN PERSPECTIEF
- Publisher: SHAKER PUBLISHING BV
- TRT Terms: Attitudes; Automatic control; Automation; Behavior; Driver support systems; Intelligent transportation systems; Motor vehicle navigational aids; Safety
- ITRD Terms: 2267: Attitude (psychol); 3882: Automatic; 9001: Behaviour; 8531: Case study; 8743: Driver assistance system; 1665: Safety
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00767028
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute for Road Safety Research, SWOV
- ISBN: 90-423-0065-5
- Files: ITRD
- Created Date: Aug 6 1999 12:00AM