A MODERN APPROACH TO THE SOLUTION OF "SMALL SUB-ASSEMBLY WORK" AS AN AID TO PRE-ASSEMBLY OPERATIONS
Adoption of an "industrial" approach to pre-assembly operations is advocated. Division of pre-assembly work into manufacture of basic elements, assembly into blocks, and then small sub-assembly units is recommended in order to maintain continuous production and optimum utilization of plant. Automation and 3-shift working, particularly if a series of specialized ships is being built, further increases production and reduces occurrence of faults.
Symp on the Theory and Practice of ShipbuildingZagreb, Yugoslavia
- Markovina, R
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Prefabricated structures; Productivity; Shipyards; Subassemblies
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00158012
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Vol.2, Part 5
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1977 12:00AM