SAFETY ADVANCEMENTS: SPECIAL ISSUE
This issue of 'Status Report' focuses on some of the most recent key safety technology improvements. The crash protection in passenger vehicles is improving substantially; advanced frontal airbags will soon be available in a number of models and side airbags that provide head protection are becoming more common. Structural designs are improving; and some bumper systems are also getting better. These safety improvements are happening with little intervention from the federal government; the safety technologies and other improvements are happening largely because the industry has recognized that safety is selling.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/0018988X
Arlington, VA United States 22201
- Publication Date: 1999-4-24
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Crashworthiness; Occupant protection devices; Safety; Vehicle design; Vehicle safety
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00766468
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 25 1999 12:00AM