TEXAS RAILROADS: AN EVALUATION
This summary report highlights information from 20 special reports covering various aspects of railroad operation in Texas. The major objective is to provide facts and information for use in establishing a state policy for the continuation of a privately owned railroad system necessary to meet the total transportation need of the citizens of Texas. It provides reference material useful to current legislative issues involving energy, taxes, safety, transportation financing, state rail planning and economic regulation.
- Sponsored by the Texas State Legislature.
College Station, TX USA 77843
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 102 p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Finance; Industry structure; Labor unions; Legislation; Policy; Policy making; Quality of service; Railroad transportation; Regulations; State departments of transportation; State government; States; Subsidies; Taxation; Transportation planning
- Geographic Terms: Texas
- Old TRIS Terms: Government policies; Government regulations; State rail plan
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Finance; Law; Policy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00157951
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Texas Transportation Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Tech. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1977 12:00AM