TRANSIT CAPACITY AND QUALITY OF SERVICE MANUAL
This manual is intended to be a fundamental reference document for public transit practitioners and policy makers. The manual contains background, statistics, and graphics providing orientation to the various types of public transportation, and it introduces a new framework for measuring transit availability and quality of service from the passenger point of view. The manual contains quantitative techniques for calculating the capacity of bus and rail transit services, terminals, and platforms. Sample problems are included. This First Edition of the Transit Capacity and Quality of Service Manual (TCQSM) is a start toward providing the transportation industry with a transit companion to the Highway Capacity Manual (HCM). Material in this document that is relevant to traffic engineers will be included in the "Highway Capacity Manual 2000" (to be issued on CD-ROM in the year 2000). The Transportation Research Board has established a Task Force on Transit Capacity and Quality of Service, A1E53, that will be responsible for the long term development and evolution of the manual.
- This manual is also available on CD-ROM CRP-CD-2.
Transit Cooperative Research ProgramTransportation Research Board, 2101 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20418
Kittelson and Associates, Incorporated610 SW Alder Street, Suite 700
Portland, OR United States 97205
- Publication Date: 1999-1
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 426 p.
- TCRP Web Document
- Issue Number: 6
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
Open Access (libre)
- TRT Terms: Bus transit; Manuals; Passenger terminals; Public transit; Quality of service; Rail transit
- Identifier Terms: Highway Capacity Manual; Transit Capacity and Quality of Service Manual
- Uncontrolled Terms: Passenger platforms; Transit capacity
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00765986
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TCRP Project A-15,, Contractor Final Report
- Files: TRIS, TRB
- Created Date: Jul 22 2003 12:00AM