CHARTS FOR BUCKLING AND POST-BUCKLING ANALYSES OF STIFFENED PLATES UNDER COMBINED LOADING
This is an in-depth analysis and computer study of the structural characteristics of stiffened plate sections, how they behave under loads that can cause buckling, and more important, how they act after they have buckled. The work takes the form of an explanatory introduction, mathematical analysis, 72 working charts and a program printout. This Bulletin gives a general solution for rectangular orthotropic plates with the short edge fixed and long edges simply supported. The plate-stiffener combination is subjected to inplane edge compression in two directions, uniform edge shear and uniform pressure normal to the plate.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 50 p.
- TRT Terms: Buckling; Deformation; Fatigue (Mechanics); Orthotropic plates; Plates (Engineering); Stiffened plates; Structural mechanics
- Old TRIS Terms: Orthotropic plate theory; Plate deformation
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00157873
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1977 12:00AM