ACCEPTABLE VIBRATION OF MARINE STEAM AND HEAVY-DUTY GAS TURBINE MAIN AND AUXILIARY MACHINERY PLANTS
This code will aid in the design and acceptance of propulsion, electrical and all other rotating auxiliary machinery and instrumentation in or adjacent to the propulsion compartments of commercial ships. It provides criteria for mechanical vibration that should serve as an aid in the selection of new marine equipment and as a reference for ship specification. The material presented in this code represents a consensus of the members of Panel M-20 (Machinery Vibrations) of the Ships' Machinery Committee Making use of this will save time in the selection process and establish test procedures for machinery vibration. In addition, 12 graphs support the material presented in the text.
- Cost is $8.25.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Gas turbines; Machinery; Standards; Steam power plants; Vibration
- Old TRIS Terms: Machinery vibration; Vibration standards
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00157871
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 4 1977 12:00AM