ADVANCED SURFACE CRAFT ECONOMIC MODEL
A full revelation of a computer program prepared at Louisiana State University for Panel MS-1 of the Marine Systems Committee. It is a complete computer analysis of any number of shipping operations using advanced surface craft such as hydrofoils or air-cushion vehicles. Ten years in the making, this milestone publication can aid a prospective operator in choosing which type of craft to utilize, either in a high-speed cargo and/or passenger service. Making use of the material contained in Bulletin 5-1 can give an operator a hypothetical dollars and cents "bottom line" using any type of marine transportation. The entire methodology, which consists of an explanation of the program, the hand-calculated version and the computer version in an abbreviated program is contained in the 75-page book. The detailed economic model, "Appendix D," is reproduced on three microfiche included with each copy. The program is said to work well with displacement craft also.
- For those who wish to incorporate this study into their own computer program, the computer card deck is also available at a price of $150.00.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Pruett, J M
- Publication Date: 1976-12
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References;
- Pagination: 75 p.
- TRT Terms: Air cushion vehicles; Economics; High speed craft; Hydrofoil boats; Marine transit
- Old TRIS Terms: Economic analysis (Ses); Hydrofoil craft
- Subject Areas: Economics; Marine Transportation; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00157869
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: T&R Bulletin 5-1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 4 1977 12:00AM