TANK CLEANING SYSTEMS. STATE OF THE ART AND THEIR EFFECT ON COATED TANKS
The Author reviews the methods now being used for the cleaning of cargo tanks in ocean trading vessels. Generalized consideration is given to the effect of the cleaning chemicals used with these techniques on both organic and inorganic coatings. Various factors contributing to deterioration of these coatings are identified and used to develop end-use criteria in relation to cleanability.
- Proceedings held February 5-7 1975.
National Paint and Coatings Association, Inc.Annual Marine Coatings Conference (Fifteenth)
Point Clear, AL United States
- Nunley, W D
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Cleaning; Coatings; Corrosion; Protective coatings; Storage tanks; Tankers; Tanks (Containers)
- Old TRIS Terms: Coating performance; Tank cleaning; Tank coatings; Tank corrosion; Tanker corrosion
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00157851
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1977 12:00AM