RECENT DEVELOPMENTS IN THE DESIGN AND PRODUCTION OF MARINE PIPING SYSTEMS
The Authors describe some of the advances made in the last few years in the development of pipe production systems at Vickers Limited, Shipbuilding Group, and postulates that designers can significantly affect the efficiency of pipe production and installation. CODEM, a computer system for preparing pipe production information is described and some of the advanced techniques developed to meet the demands of modern ship systems are discussed. The CODEM system is now in full production and is ready for further development.
Institute of Marine EngineersMemorial Building, 76 Mark Lane
London EC3R 7JN, England
- Standen, G
- Gilbert, D E
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Information processing; Layout; Pipe laying; Piping systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Computerized piping layout
- Subject Areas: Construction; Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00157842
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1977 12:00AM