THE ONE-OFFER SYSTEM OF RIGHT OF WAY ACQUISITION
The one-offer system for right-of-way acquisition has been used by state highway agencies since the 1950's. Interpretation, experience, and satisfaction with the system very from agency to agency. The report ontains a comprehensive history of the development of the one-offer system and right-of-way acquistion in general. Findings are based on a questionnaire survey as well as personal contact with numberous individuals in the field. Survey respondents included 40 state and 21 federal agencies, and 285 right-of-way agents. The report includes recommendations for improved functioning on the one-offer system, and should stimulate renewed interest in the subject.
- This report was prepared for the Transportation Research board, National Cooperative Highway Research Program.
Colan (O.R.) Associates, Incorporated727 3rd Avenue, NE
Fort Lauderdale, FL United States 33304
- Publication Date: 1976-7
- Pagination: 107 p.
- TRT Terms: Field studies; Interviewing; Property acquisition; Questionnaires; Recommendations; Right of way (Land); State highway departments; Surveys
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Research; Society;
- Accession Number: 00157831
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: NCHRP Project 20-6 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 28 1977 12:00AM